Rotherham Abuse Counselling Service has been providing specialist therapeutic counselling support since 2005. Our skilled and trained counsellors adhere to the ethical standards of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
‘help survivors of sexual, physical or mental abuse and domestic violence (living or
working in Rotherham) to fulfil their potential and lead happier, healthier lives’.
- Support survivors of abuse to understand the effects of abuse on their mental and physical wellbeing, increase their knowledge and skills so they can develop positive coping strategies to deal with their symptoms of abuse including becoming more engaged with society.
- Improve survivors’ awareness and access to other support agencies and information appropriate to their needs.
- Improve working relationships with other agencies and statutory bodies to raise awareness of clients’ needs and ensure services for victims/survivors are understood and appropriately resourced.
- Provide specialist therapeutic counselling support (one-to-one and group)
- Run a range of other support groups (for example drop-in and Men’s group)
- Provide an ISVA (independent sexual violence advocacy) service
We are a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). We abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy. All our staff members are appropriately accredited and undertake continuous professional development.
Rotherham Abuse Counselling Service is a member of The Survivors Trust a national umbrella agency for over 130 specialist rape, sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse support organisations.
Our trustee report including annual accounts can be accessed here.
About our website
We hope that you find our website informative. We endeavor to make sure that all of the information on our website is as up to date and accurate as possible but if you have any queries or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all media on our website are for illustrative purposes only and any person shown is a model unless otherwise stated.