The men’s group is a facilitated space where male survivors meet weekly with other survivors in a safe supportive environment free of judgement and blame.
The group aims to support men to improve their physical, mental and social wellbeing.
We will do this by:
- Facilitating activities which increase levels of self-esteem and confidence
- Supporting members to explore and develop positive coping strategies
- Sharing and exploring individual experiences
- Taking a lead role in the development and running of the group
- Running different events such as workshops, talks, presentations, and craft sessions
The group provides the opportunity to:
- Build confidence
- Learn how to resolve conflict
- Improve communication skills
- Share experiences with other men.
- Learn how to manage emotions effectively
- Make new friends
While the group is facilitated by two counsellors, it is the group members who suggest, plan and have an active part in the running of the group.
This summer, the Men’s Group re-vitalised our courtyard and made crafts to sell at the Rotherham show.
If you think this male group is something that interests you please speak to your counsellor who will add you to the waiting list for an initial assessment